#FoodieFriday: Hemingways Mida Crab Claws
- 20 February 2015
Hemingways buys sustainably grown Crab Claws fresh daily from the Mida Creek Conservation Community project, which runs a local crab farm
Crabs are bought daily to ensure freshness and quality. Try this simple recipe at home with these few simple ingredients. This combination of simple cooking, sustainable ingredients and a relaxed elegant serving style perfect sums up the Watamu way of life.
For each single single serving:
- 4 crab claws
- 1 beaten egg mixed with 25mls milk
- A handful of fresh breadcrumbs
- 250gms of Seasoned flour
- One fresh lemon quartered
- Crack the crab claws and rinse clean
- Dust each claw with the flour and then dip in the egg and then breadcrumbs
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
Serve arranged on a plate with the accompanying lemon quarters.
This recipe is from the kitchen of Hemingways Watamu